Re: Dedup x86/x86_64 --> noarch

On 10/05/2016 07:20, Andrew Schulman wrote:
If this is what's happened, we need to update https://cygwin.com/setup.html with
the new information (the page is overdue for an overhaul anyway).

I agree that page is very bad at communicating the information it needs to communicate. Perhaps it would be much more helpful if it had a few examples of .cygport files rather than diving into the minutiae of setup.hint files.

However, I took a look over it, but I don't see what needs updating for this particular change. Can you be more specific about what you think needs updating?

I have updated https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html

That didn't actually explain before what to do if you are manually uploading a noarch package ("if you are doing a manual upload, and your package is noarch, you'll need to upload to both x86 and x86_64"), so I'm not sure how to update it for the hopefully more straightforward present situation ("if you are doing a manual upload, and your package is noarch, upload to noarch").