Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.8

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> If so, it might be a good idea for maintainers to test that nothing
>> unexpected happens when they build their packages.
>
> Yes, that's really a good idea.

I've run a fresh build of Perl on this.

- there's a new signal: SIGIOT

- two new symbols are found:  _POSIX_C_SOURCE  _POSIX_SOURCE

- compilation complains about implicit declaration of fseeko and ftello
  (it could have used fseek and ftell since it's a 64bit build).

- eaccess is also implicitly defined

- some math functions are available on 32bit, but not 64bit: acosh,
  asinh, atanh, cbrt, copysign, erf, erfc, expm1, finite, hypot, ilogb,
  j0, lgamma, lgamma_r, log1p, lobg, nan, nextafter, remainder, scalbn
  (this has likely been that way for as long as 64bit exists)

I've also found that the configure script doesn't check correctly for
import libs and thus misses libgdm on 64bit (where only libgdm.dll.a
exists, but not libgdm.a).  On 64bit gdm is also a different version
from 32bit.  What's the expected standard here, really?  Just .dll.a or
both that and .a?

Regards,
Achim.