Re: [ITP] procps-ng

On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 1:51 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 2016-03-16 15:18, Wayne Porter wrote:
>>
>> Since I sent this package incorrectly the first time, I have
>> repackaged it as procps-ng (it's correct name). The current stable
>> build in debian is listed as 3.3.9, so that is the one that I ported.
>> Please let me know if there is anything I'm leaving out or doing
>> wrong.
>

> Haven't tested the operation yet, but just looking at the build itself:
>
> * This needs to be broken up into procps-ng, libprocps3, and libprocps-devel
> packages.
>
> * Along those lines, procps-ng needs to OBSOLETES procps (which also means
> the first upload of this package needs to be coordinated with someone with
> full sourceware access).
>
> * kill.exe and ps.exe conflict with commands of the same name in the
> 'cygwin' package.  In procps, these are renamed to prockill.exe and
> procps.exe.
>
> * Your .cygport is missing HOMEPAGE, the SRC_URI is incorrect, and
> DESCRIPTION has very long lines and improperly nested quotation marks. The
> package is also built in $S instead of $B, resulting in a very dirty
> .src.patch.
>
> Please fix these and repost.
>
> --
> Yaakov

Here is the package that obsoletes procps. I have repackaged it and
added a few fixes
that are specific for Cygwin based on changes to the latest version of
procps. Let me
know if there are any problems with this build.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6jD_6qfO1gMcVV2NXRjSGM1XzQ&usp=sharing

I plan on doing more work to try and make the package more useful in the
Windows environment, but this is just an initial port to get started.

--
Wayne Porter