Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.5.0-0.8

On 2016-03-18 17:25, Ken Brown wrote:
On Mar 18 16:58, Ken Brown wrote:
I released a new Cygwin TEST version 2.5.0-0.8.

If things are not going very wrong, this is basically what you'll
get as 2.5.0-1 release.  Please, please test and report regressions.

Does this release include Yaakov's overhaul of the feature test macros?

Sorry, I completely forgot to metion this in my release mail, which
is especially weird because I created this test release to allow testing
the new feature test macros in the first place.  Sorry!

The problem I reported in
https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-12/msg00183.html has reappeared.
It looks like your fix
(https://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-12/msg00199.html) got reverted.

The commit message for removing the include did not indicate what prompted it. However, the include is necessary for BSD compatibility, and other software fails to build without it.

I would look into emacs and see what feature test macro(s) they enable on *Linux*, and use the same for Cygwin.

--
Yaakov