Re: cygport: 'announce' feature branch

On 11/3/2015 3:06 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
I just created a new 'announce' feature branch in cygport git:

https://github.com/cygwinports/cygport/tree/announce

The new 'announce' command generates an announcement template from
the .cygport file based on NAME/VERSION/RELEASE, PKG_NAMES, and
DESCRIPTION, to which you can easily add release-specific information,
and then sends the message via an SMTP server.  Note that this adds

This is a nice feature.  Thanks.

dependencies on perl-Authen-SASL, perl-MIME-tools, and

perl-MIME-tools isn't in the distro yet.  Achim?

perl-Net-SMTP-SSL, and requires several new SMTP_* configuration options
in cygport.conf.

Feedback and patches welcome.

If there's no mailserver configured, I'd like to see cygport save the mbox file in the current directory and give an informational message, rather than saving it in /tmp and giving an error message. Users might want to simply paste it into an email, and the error message seems a little unfriendly.

Ken

P.S. You still haven't applied the texlive patch from https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2015-08/msg00019.html; is this just an oversight, or do you need me to explain in more detail why it's needed?