Re: [ITP] Inetutils 1.9.4

On Nov  2 08:02, D. Boland wrote:
> Marco Atzeri wrote:
> >On 01/11/2015 15:19, D. Boland wrote:
> >>Marco Atzeri wrote:
> >>Arghh! I also forgot I had to install (copy) some missing include files.
> >>Thanks for checking this.
> >>
> >>I got these from the glibc-2.21 source code:

Please use BSD files, not glibc, for licensing reasons.

> >>/usr/include/arpa/tftp.h
> >
> >tftp has this
> >https://cygwin.com/packages/x86_64/tftp/tftp-5.2-1
> >
> >>/usr/include/netinet/icmp6.h
> >
> >not yet included
> >https://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=icmp6.h&arch=x86_64
> >

> >>The MAX_IPOPTLEN constant is in ip_var.h. I got that from OpenBSD source:
> >>
> >>/usr/include/netinet/ip_var.h
> >>
> >>The latter I also needed for my Sendmail package.

We can add the definition of MAX_IPOPTLEN to /usr/include/netinet/ip.h
for Cygwin 2.3.0, as on Linux.

> Also, the following
> >>Cygwin packages are required to compile the source code:
> >>
> >>help2man
> >>perl-Locale-gettext
> >>
> >>After this, it should compile. Are these files included in any Cygwin
> >>package? Is there an elegant way to include these in my source package?
> >>

> So how do I do this? I could include icmp6.h and ip_var.h in the source
> package and conditionally install it to /usr/include in the 'src_compile'
> handler, previous to the 'make' command.
>
> I'll leave tftp out of the distribution. That subpackage of inetutils is
> maintained by Gernot Hiller.
>
> On the other hand, I'd be happy to adopt it...

Let's see if Gernot is still available.  There was no update to tftp
since early 2012.  Gernot, you're still with us?  Care to chime in
here?  Thanks.

Whatever the outcome, the tftp.h header should stay with the inetutils
or tftp package, otherwise we need to manage a smooth handover to the
Cygwin package.  As for icmp6.h, we could include the FreeBSD version
with Cygwin 2.3.0.

Red Hat