Re: texlive: emacs-auctex and texlive-collection-latexextra both provide preview-latex

On 5/28/2015 2:14 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
Ken,

See $SUBJECT.  emacs-auctex's copy is in texmf-site and texlive's is in
texmf-dist, so while they don't physically clobber each other I suspect
we only want one of them; I'm just not sure which.

I agree. I think emacs-auctex should be the provider, since preview-latex is developed as part of the AUCTeX project (https://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/preview-latex.html).

If emacs-auctex should be the provider, then could you please make it a
subpackage?  A couple programs can use preview-latex without requiring
emacs.

I'll do this in the next day or two. And I'll remove it from texlive-collection-latexextra starting with TeX Live 2015, which will be released very soon.

Ken