Re: [Attn Maintainer] octave

On 5/30/2015 8:01 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Marco Atzeri writes:

TeXLive had the same problem, that's one of the reasons perpetual
postinstall scripts were introduced.  You can look at that to see how
Ken deals with that.
..
> Regards,
> Achim.

Hi Achim,
if I understood correctly a script called

  /etc/postinstall/zp_octave_finish.dash

will be always executed at the end of the postinstall script
sequence and never renamed as ".done".

I am moving the octave update script in
 /var/lib/octave/update_packages_list

so the new octave update should work as:

1) every octave-forge preremove/postinstall script
   touches /var/lib/octave/update.flag

2) zp_octave_finish.dash checks if
   /var/lib/octave/update.flag exists
  and if so execute
  /usr/bin/octave-cli /var/lib/octave/update_packages_list

3) /var/lib/octave/update_packages_list
   updates the octave package database and removes the
  /var/lib/octave/update.flag

If there are no fork issue on 32 bit, I will implement
in this way on 4.0.0 that I am just building together with
update of the 50s octave-forge packages.

Regards
Marco