Re: SSH key for upload access

Am 29.03.2015 um 18:42 schrieb Achim Gratz:
Thomas Wolff writes:
Hmm, so why does lftp ask me for a password?
Because you get bumped to the SSH connection only after you've connected
via password-less login.
Thanks for the hint but I have no idea what that means. And I hope I
don't have to be a security expert just to upload a package.
Create the following bookmark in lftp (yes,
that colon after cygwin is important) to avoid the password prompt:

cygwin          sftp://cygwin:@cygwin.com
Again, thanks, but I don't want to dig into lftp configuration just to
upload my package.

Anyway, it has worked now with cygwin sftp after explicitly using the -i
option. (I had previously tried to upload from a Linux box.)

Thomas

---