Re: [ITP] maxima-5.35.1

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I don't quite like the SUSE packaging with splitting out the language
> packs, but the Fedora packaging, while using another strategy, isn't
> really better, so that's ok.

âand Debian's and Arch's is even worse, IMHO.  I wouldn't mind putting
the localization files back in the main package, but then there are
probably a lot of people who'd never use those files.

> What's not quite ok are the setup.hint files, IMHO.  You have 7 packages
> and all ldesc's and sdesc's are exactly identical.  While that's perhaps
> not much of a problem for the language packs, it certainly is for
> "maxima" vs. "maxima-exec-clisp" and "maxima-xmaxima".  How's the user
> to know what each of these packages is doing when looking them up in
> setup?
>
>   maxima              "Maxima Computer Algebra System"
>   maxima-exec-clisp   "Maxima Computer Algebra System"
>   maxima-xmaxima      "Maxima Computer Algebra System"
>
> Package is GTG With a change to the sdescs to allow a user at least
> a bit of information in sdesc what the subpackages are doing.

Yeah, I'll fix that before release.  Thanks for checking.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: