Re: [ITA] fcgi-2.4.0-3

On Tue, 2015-02-17 at 15:54 -0500, Ken Brown wrote:
> The x86 build is the same as Reini's build of 2.4.0-2, except for (a) a
> tweak to allow it to build with the current gcc and (b) a minor
> packaging change: The package provides some example C/C++ files in
> /usr/share/doc/fcgi/examples, and the build process compiles these.
> Reini put the corresponding *.exe files in a subdirectory of /usr/lib.

If you choose to install them at all, this is correct.  /usr/share is
only for architecture-independent files.

> I also have a question: There are two *.la files, which cygport packages
> on x86 but not on x86_64.  Should I add "KEEP_LA_FILES=none", or do I
> risk breaking something by removing them from the 32-bit distro?

The latter.

> The x86_64 build is new, but it built with no problems.

Besides the examples location, there is another problem:

libfcgi0_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.dll"

Don't EVER do this; think about what would happen when a future release
bumps the ABI version.  Instead, be specific:

libfcgi0_CONTENTS="usr/bin/cygfcgi*-0.dll"

GTG with these fixes.

--
Yaakov