Re: perl-5.14.4

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> objcopy might be able to do that, but the pe/coff format is fiddly.

Well, the problem is that I can't set the section address back to what
it was since the interpretation of the numbers on the command line seems
to be limited somehow.  So instead of 0x56628f000 I end up with an
adress of 0x46628f000 and no amount of fiddling gets it any larger.  If
I try with an address of -1 then the resulting section address is
0x3ffffffff.  The info manual is close to useless and doesn't even try
to talk about how one is supposed to specify larger numbers ("L", "LL"
and "ULL" suffixes don't work, I've tried that).

>> but I think that this section
>> should not be rebased.
>
> Provided that this *is* the problem, this should be easily doable in
> rebase.  The core is a function Relocations::relocate in
> imagehelper/sections.cc.  At one point in the loop it calls
>
>   Section *cursec = sections->find(va);
>
> At this point it should be possible to check against the section
> name and filter out all sections starting with ".debug_"

I don't see how, but maybe I'm not looking at it right.  The rebasing is
done by some windows function AFICS that doesn't seem to allow
individual sections to be skipped.  The code you pointed at seems just
to be checking if any sections need additional fixups.

Regards,
Achim.