Re: Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On Jan 27 07:55, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> You may have solved a long-standing problem.  Let's see if everything
>> else still works... :-)

Orpahned package removal doesn't work anymore, but I have no time to
take a closer look this week.

>> BTW, if you switch one package to "test" (or "prev"), then all packages
>> belonging to the same source package must be switched to the same state.
>> I'm currently doing this with an external tool via setup.ini rewrites,
>> but setup.exe should be taught how to do that for manual intervention.
>
> That's a bit over my head in terms of understanding setup's dependency
> resolution algorithm.  Perhaps we should rewrite it in plain C...

The idea would be to tie the decision of what version gets installed to
the source package rather than each individual one.  I haven't looked
into how that might be possible, but since each package already knows
its source package that shouldn't be impossible.

Regards,
Achim.