Re: Setup patch to keep test version if test version installed

On Jan 26 11:15, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > No, no.  Thanks for noticing!  I was sure that the comparison operators
> > are comparing using compareVersions() under the hood so I didn't check.
> > How embarrassing.  Now I see that they only do a casecompare, as you said.
>
> That's arguably a bug in the comparison operator implementation, so
> maybe we should fix that instead?

I'm not so sure in which scenarios the operators are used.  In those
scenarios the caasecompare might be the right thing to do.

Btw., while playing with my patch, I found that setup has a bug.
I first thought this is my patches fault, but the current release of
setup already shows this behaviour:

Consider the cygwin package:

  Installed:  1.7.34-004
  Curr:       1.7.33-1
  Test:       1.7.34-005

When I enter the chooser dialog, the "New" version is set to 1.7.33-1.
Now I click on the version number multiple times:

  1.7.33-1    --click-->    Keep
              --click-->    1.7.34-005
              --click-->    Uninstall
              --click-->    Keep

  Huh?

              --click-->    1.7.34-005
              --click-->    Uninstall
              --click-->    Keep

  Where's 1.7.33-1?

              --click-->    1.7.34-005
              --click-->    Uninstall
              --click-->    Keep

Argh.  Where does *this* occur?  I guess the above needs fixing before I
apply any changes to the default selection :(((

Red Hat