Re: cygport patches for TeX Live

On 12/18/2014 3:22 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
Ken Brown writes:
+	if [ -d /usr/share/texmf-dist ]

Looks like you'd want
	if [ -d ${D}/usr/share/texmf-dist ]
here.

Thanks.  I hope this is the last of the careless mistakes.

In postinstall scripts we remove the updmap calls completely and
instead create a file of commands in /etc/texmf/postinstall, to be run
by a perpetual postinstall script.  In preremove scripts we just group
the commands into a single call to updmap, since setup.exe doesn't yet
support perpetual preremove scripts.

I don't really like the idea of using /etc directly for this, what if
every package starts doing that?  If /usr/share/<package>/postinstall
doesn't work, we should at least create a subdirectory in /etc for this
purpose.

I used /etc/texmf because that directory is already created by TeX Live and is used for various configuration files. But I'm not wedded to that. If we want to settle on a standard place for packages to put postinstall marker files, I'll go with whatever the consensus is.