Re: [ITA] _autorebase

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Oh, and there's something else very important.  The new technique
> requires the users to update setup.exe, otherwise they will get
> problems.  We can't do much for people ignoring the "this setup.ini has
> been created by a newer setup version" message in setup itself, but we
> should at least announce the new setup version.
>
> Achim, either you just write the complete announcement for setup from
> scratch, or you give me a piece of text to include into the announcement
> and I write it.  Whatever you prefer.  The important thing here is to
> urge people to upgrade.

I'll look into that

> Given that many of us are not available the next 2 or 3 weeks (e.g., me),
> I'm wondering if we should let the new setup version sink in during that
> time, and upgrade the packages using the new feature (_autorebase, TeX
> Live) only in the new year, after the 6th of January when all of us will
> be back.

Good idea.

In fact if we do that, I'd like to require either new releases for the
packages using /etc/rebase/dynpath.d or alternatively that they get an
additional package that drops just this file (if a full release _now_
would be too much work) and the requisite change to setup.hint to have a
dependency added so that this new package gets pulled in.

Regards,
Achim.