Re: User manual cleanup

On Dec 11, 2014, at 3:03 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:

> On Dec 10 16:34, Warren Young wrote:
>> I kind of thought I’d been kicked off that project, after leaving the
>> autodep stuff hanging. :)
>
> I'd never have kicked you out.  Contrary to that, I was disappointed
> that you apparently quickly lost interested in working on the docs.

I rarely read the docs — shocking, I know — so I don’t get annoyed by their state.

So, when you find a section of the docs that sucks, and you can’t be bothered to fix it at the moment, ping me.

> <screen>
>     "SYSTEM" S-1-5-18                    <=> uid/gid: 18
>     "Users"  S-1-5-32-545                <=> uid/gid: 545
> </screen>

I think you might want <informaltable> here:

 http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/informaltable.html

If the results don’t look good to you, it probably only requires some CSS to fix it.

That’s a common trap with DocBook: trying something and not liking the initial rendered result, and dismissing it right there without trying to customize it first.