RE: MTA packaging (exim, postfix, sendmail, ssmtp)

Exim could send outgoing mail out of the box if the destination server can
be reached using dns.
With many ISPs blocking port 25, a gateway must usually be configured.
Of course a MTA does much more than sending outgoing mail, and that requires
configuring a service etc...
Because of that Exim is not currently packaged to do anything without
requiring configuration (in fact, out of the box exim is a symlink to
exim-config) , but it would not be hard to allow it.

Pierre