Re: [ITA] p7zip

On 26/07/2014 09:00, Tony Kelman wrote:
I noticed that all of Chuck Wilson's packages are now listed as
orphaned. I'm particularly interested in getting one of them, p7zip,
uploaded to the 64-bit distribution. I sent a few messages to the main
list in March discussing what I needed to change in order to get the
existing cygport to build in 64 bit Cygwin. I'm willing to adopt the
package, if someone can guide me through the rest of the process.

Let me know if I'm doing this right. Package files are uploaded here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1.tar.xz

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/p7zip-9.20.1-1-src.tar.xz

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/1cxy8w15aq971cyr/artifacts/p7zip-9.20.1-1.x86_64/dist/p7zip/setup.hint

I put the source up in a GitHub repository so you can see the two small
tweaks I had to make:
https://github.com/tkelman/cygwin-p7zip/commits/master
One required repackaging the upstream source tarball to fix line endings
on a man file (so a patch would apply correctly),

Thanks for doing this.

Rather than changing the upstream source tarball, you can add something like:

CYGPORT_USE_UNSTABLE_API=1
src_unpack_hook() {
       dos2unix man1/7zr.1
}

the other was to
switch to a different makefile fragment to use a C version of a CRC
routine instead of an architecture-dependent assembly version. There's a
64 bit assembly version of the same routine included in the source, but
I could never get it to work reliably. I reported the problem upstream
and never got a response:
https://sourceforge.net/p/p7zip/support-requests/6/#2150

Let me know if any comments or anything else I need to do.

/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/p7zip.README is still about 9.20.1-1. Since this file is no longer mandatory, you may remove it rather than updating it.

Otherwise, GTG.