Re: [ITA] Git et al

On 2014-06-10 17:36, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
On 2014-01-11 14:01, Adam Dinwoodie wrote:
Our Git package hasn't been updated in a long time. Although its
maintainer, Eric Blake, has been on the mailing lists, I don't think
he's done any work in keeping Git up-to-date (including replying to a
number of requests for updates), so I'd like to offer to take over.

I haven't seen any progress on this for some time.  Adam, are you
still working on this, and if so, what issues still remain?

In theory I'm still working on this; in practice I haven't had time to
devote to it in a while.  I'd (perhaps naively) assumed it would mostly
Just Work(TM), which turned out not to be the case.

The only outstanding issue with my build is that git-cvs wasn't working.
That seemed to be down to my build environment, as my attempts to build
the source code available via the Cygwin mirrors showed the same
behaviour, but those binaries work as expected.

Are you only testing this with the Cygwin CVS repo? Have you tried this with any other repos? For example:

:pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps setup (Cygwin setup)
:pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com:/cvs/cygwin htdocs (Cygwin website)

Yaakov