HEADSUP: New getent tool to read passwd and group data

Hi guys,

I just uploaded the new getent package and sent the announcement,

I'm repeating myself here because this is really important and I'm
not sure everybody on this list reads the cygwin and cygwin-announce
lists.

In short, we want to get rid of the requirement to maintain /etc/passwd
and /etc/group files, per

In future, tools and scripts, especially service installation helper
scripts like my ssh-host-config, must not rely on being able to grep
user and group information from /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

Rather, the scripts should be changed to use the getent tool as soon
as possible.  Usage for checking passwd:

  $ getent passwd <username...>

I'd like to ask all maintainers providing such scripts, including
myself, to look into their packages and fix them to use the getent tool.

Thanks,

Red Hat