Re: [ITP] python-h5py 2.2.0

On 15/01/2014 03:57, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
It's been several weeks since I posted this ITP and there hasn't been
a response.

Version 2.2.1 of h5py is out, and I'm willing to package it for Cygwin
but I'll need to know if this package will be accepted.  Please let me
know if I'm doing something incorrectly or if I should make any
changes.

I know there is a new package upload system, but it appears to be for
accepted packages only.  Please let me know if I can use this upload
system for this proposed package.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,
sorry, I missed your previous request.

To download , better in this way

wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=4 ftp://ftp.gns.cri.nz/pub/claritas/misc/cygwin_h5py_packages/

so we can copy and download in one shot.

It builds and package fine on 32bit and 64bit,
but there is no test check.
I assume you already tested it for your own correct ?

If so GTG for me. As it is already in Debian and Fedora we need no vote.

Questions:
- as 2.2.1 is out will you repack ?
- are you planning to make also python3 version ?

Setup.hint:

category: Python
requires: libhdf5_8 python python-numpy hdf5
sdesc: "A Pythonic interface to the HDF5 binary data format"
ldesc: "This package lets you store huge amounts of numerical
data, and easily manipulate that data from NumPy. For example, you
can slice into multi-terabyte datasets stored on disk, as if they
were real NumPy arrays. Thousands of datasets can be stored in a
single file, categorized and tagged however you want."

Hopefully this is all the info you need.  I noticed a possible
dependency issue with NumPy, but I'll post that as a different message
on the appropriate list.

Regards,
Chris LeBlanc
GNS Science

Regards
Marco

PS: nice to see that my hdf5 package is useful outside octave