Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware (long)

Christopher Faylor writes:
> I think I mentioned sshfs before but I haven't tested it in the current
> setup.  You can consider it unsupported and nonworking.  Please just use
> sftp or lftp.

I will use this next time, at least for small files lftp works.

Sshfs does use sftp to do the actual communication with the server,
however.  Based on the debug output from sshfs it appears that the newly
created file becomes visible on the server only after the existence of
the new file gets checked, so the check fails.  On the second attempt to
do the copy, that check succeeds and the truncation and re-write
succeeds as well.  I've switched off all caching for sftp/sshfs that I
could find to no avail.

> I fixed the problem with not being able to create files at the top
> level.  I wiped out and recreated your directory again so it is once
> again in a pristine state.

Thank you, I have now created that file.

Regards,
Achim.