Re: RFU: pristine-tar-1.28-1 (32bit)

On 09/14/2013 10:39 PM, Jari Aalto wrote:
> <eblake-H+wXaHxf7aLQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>:
> | On 09/11/2013 12:07 PM, Jari Aalto wrote:
> |
> | > wget --recursive --no-host-directories --cut-dirs=3 \
> | >     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/pristine-tar/pristine-tar-1.28-1-src.tar.bz2 \
> | >     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/pristine-tar/pristine-tar-1.28-1.tar.bz2 \
> | >     http://cante.net/~jaalto/tmp/cygwin/pristine-tar/setup.hint
> |
> | Jari, can you please chime in on my question about xdelta?
> | http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-09/msg00210.html
>
> Debian does not have xdelta3, and pristine-tar on there depends on xdelta
> 1.x.
>
> Would you point me to your cygport file and I make some tests and talk to
> upstream.

Work in progress (if I actually go with xdelta3 replacing xdelta, then I
_won't_ need xdelta-devel or libxdeltaN; if on the other hand xdelta and
xdelta3 produce incompatible deltas, then we may want both packages in
the distro after all).  But it's enough to at least let you do 'cygport
xdelta.cygport fetch prep make install' and inspect the resulting binary.

========

# xdelta.cygport - directions for packaging xdelta for cygwin

# Copyright (C) 2006, 2008, 2013 Eric Blake
# This file is free software; I give unlimited permission to copy and/or
# distribute it, with or without modifications, as long as this notice is
# preserved.

NAME=xdelta
ORIG_PN=xdelta3
VERSION=3.0.7
RELEASE=1

xdelta_SUMMARY="Computes changes between binary files"
xdelta_DESCRIPTION=\
"An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
xdelta_CATEGORY="Devel Utils"

libxdelta2_SUMMARY="Computes changes between binary files (runtime)"
libxdelta2_DESCRIPTION=\
"An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
libxdelta2_CATEGORY=Libs

xdelta_devel_SUMMARY="Development files for compiling with libxdelta"
xdelta_devel_DESCRIPTION=\
"An application program designed to compute changes between
files.  These changes (deltas) are similar to the output of the 'diff'
program in that they may be used to store and transmit only the
changes between files.  However, unlike diff, the output of Xdelta is
not expressed in a human-readable format--Xdelta can also also apply
these deltas to a copy of the original file.  Xdelta uses a fast,
linear algorithm and performs well on both binary and text files."
xdelta_devel_CATEGORY="Devel Libs"

HOMEPAGE=http://xdelta.org/
SRC_URI=http://xdelta.googlecode.com/files/$ORIG_PN-$PV.tar.gz

PKG_NAMES="$PN libxdelta2 $PN-devel"
xdelta_CONTENTS="usr/bin/xdelta usr/bin/xdelta3.exe \
	usr/share/doc usr/share/man"
libxdelta2_CONTENTS="usr/bin/*.dll"
xdelta_devel_CONTENTS="usr/bin/xdelta-config usr/include usr/lib \
	usr/share/aclocal"

src_install ()
{
    cd $B