Re: [ITP] scons - Open Source software construction tool.

On 2013-07-05 10:17, David Rothenberger wrote:
I sincerely hope that nobody will ever use scons.

+1; I cringe every time I have to deal with it.

If it becomes popular, I will quickly be out of my depth maintaining
the package, since I'm no gcc build expert nor a Python programmer.

Fortunately, I doubt it will; I ship only five packages which use scons in Ports. Waf (which isn't much better) seems to be the current preference for those that want Python-based general purpose build systems.

BTW, I'll remove scons from Ports at the next upload.

Yaakov