Re: x86/ -> ./ symlink

On Jul  1 21:14, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> The change itself breaks a few cases that maybe aren't supported,
> >> but nevertheless worked for quite some time.
> >
> > What cases?
>
> I have abandoned this directory layout some time ago, but I was doing
> things like
>
> â/mirror/cygwin/
> â/mirror/cygport/
> â/local/patch/
> â/local/packages/
>
> with normally a single setup.ini in each subtree (sometimes a few levels
> down) and it would integrate all the setup.ini it found depending on
> where I'd start setup.exe or what I told it was the local directory.
> I'm still using a similar layout for keeping track of the mirrors and my
> local packages, but I copy the package files and re-write setup.ini to
> reference them in a single tree somewhere else.

That should still work if you move the setup.ini files in a x86 or
x86_64 subdir.

Having said that, I could also change setup so that any setup.ini file
which is not under a $target subdir is still recognized, but only when
trying to install a 32 bit Cygwin.  This should make the code backward
compatible with existing layouts.

What do you think?  Does that make sense?

Red Hat