Re: sourceware.org temp upload dir

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 06:52:28PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On May 22 12:38, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 06:05:29PM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
>> >
>> >any reason why
>> >/sourceware/snapshot-tmp/cygwin/release
>> >
>> >has been removed ?
>> >
>> >-bash-4.1$ cd /sourceware/snapshot-tmp/cygwin
>> >-bash-4.1$ ls -l
>> >total 2184
>> >drwxrwsr-x. 4 cgf  cgf       4096 May 14  2012 cvs-mirror
>> >-rw-rw-r--. 1 cgf  cygwin     774 Mar 19 14:52 Makefile
>> >drwxrwxr-x. 2 root cygwin    4096 Jun 10  2009 RCS
>> >-rwxr-xr-x. 1 cgf  cygwin 2220573 Apr 29  2012 setup.exe
>> >-bash-4.1$
>>
>> Are you asking because you use the get-cygwin-package script or because
>> you were using it for your own personal uploads?  If it is the former
>> then that's a problem, I guess (I didn't think anyone was using the
>> script since it wasn't foolproof).  It is is the latter then you
>> shouldn't have been using that area to begin with.  It wasn't created
>> for general use.
>
>Uhm... am I the only one here who thought this is *the* general upload
>directory for Cygwin packages?  Since that's apparently not right, what
>*is* the general upload directory for Cygwin packages?

If I check my sent email folder, the only thing that I can see which
suggests that this directory should be used for general use is email
from you telling someone to use it.  AFAICT, I created the directory and
I did so for get-cygwin-package.  My plan was to make this a place for
automated uploads.  If I told people to use this then I was really
mistaken.

Your home directory is a fine place for dealing with cygwin uploads,
especially since the new sourceware places /home in the same partition
as the ftp area.