Re: [RFU 64bit] gmp / mpfr / mpc / ppl / isl / cloog-ppl / cloog

On 2013-04-29 13:55, Achim Gratz wrote:
Hi Yaakov,

would you mind letting me know how to repackage so I can free some time
to actually do it?  Otherwise, please install as described in my
original mail, thank you.

Sorry, I've been on the road for much of the last week. Here are some of the rules I have been using for package names for a while now:

* libraries are libfooN (containing cygfoo-N.dll) and libfoo-devel (containing headers, libfoo.*, .pc files, foo-config scripts, aclocal macros, etc), regardless of source tarball name. Rationale: many library sources already start with "lib", so those devel packages will anyways be libfoo-devel, while having some foo-devel and some libfoo-devel is just confusing; this also makes sure that the DLL and devel packages are in close proximity in an alphabetical list of packages.

* libraries whose names end in a digit use an underscore between the name and ABI version: libX11 => libX11_6 and libX11-devel.

* libraries with both API and ABI versioning (e.g. many GNOME libraries), the API version is part of the name: glib-2.x => libglib2.0_0 and libglib2.0-devel.

* libtool libraries with a -release tag, the release is part of the runtime version only: gts => libgts0.7_5 and libgts-devel; EXCEPT when subsequent versions replaced the -release tag with an API version: glib-1.x => libglib1.2_0 and libglib1.2-devel.

* Multiple libraries with always identical ABI versions which are used together and have similar deps are packaged together, named after the "primary" library: glib/gobject/gmodule/gthread/gio are all in libglib2.0_0 and libglib2.0-devel.

* Multiple libraries with *different* ABI versions which are used together and have similar deps have individual runtime packages but a single devel named after the "primary" library: ppl => libppl9/libppl_c4/libpwl5 and libppl-devel.

* Multiple libraries with very different dependencies have separate runtime and devel packages for each library: poppler => libpoppler{28,-devel}, libpoppler-glib{8,-devel}, libpoppler-qt4{_4,-devel}.

* Programs which expose an interface for plugins have a separate foo-devel package, and separately-packaged plugins thereto are foo-pluginname.

* Documentation subpackages are $NAME-doc.

* Apache DSOs are apache2-mod_foo.

* Perl (sub)packages are perl-Foo-Bar.

* Python (sub)packages are python-foo, where foo is the name used with the "import" directive, regardless of source package name (e.g. pyxdg => python-xdg; xpyb => python-xcb; pygments => python-pygments).

* Ruby (sub)packages are ruby-foo, where foo is the name used with the "require" directive (and is usually, but not always, the Gem name as well).

* Fonts are named font[-vendor]-name-type regardless of source tarball name, e.g. cantarell-fonts => font-cantarell-otf.

That being said, the naming scheme used for the 32-bit packages, as well as the 64-bit packages I uploaded during the bootstrap stage, are basically conforming to these "rules", with the possible exception of the -doc packages (which I wouldn't make a big deal about).

I still don't understand what problems you faced with the files I provided you, except for the conflicting cloog.info which (as I mentioned previously) IMO should only be shipped with cloog-isl.

HTH,

Yaakov