Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {man/manlint}-1.6g-2: Man, apropos and whatis commands

    > Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
    >> New versions of 'man/manlint' have been uploaded to a server near you.

    > There is a little issue with this version... For example, I got

    > $ man foo
    > Non c'<garbage> una voce per foo

    > instead of "Non c'è una voce...", i.e. the accented (open) character "e" is
    > printed as garbage.

    > I have

    > $ echo $LANG
    > it_IT.UTF-8

    > In the 1.6g-1 version the output was in English, so the problem did not arise.

AS a workaround use: LANG=en_US.UTF-8 man foo

I'm not really in this locale business. If anybody has an idea, please
speak up. By the way, what about the man page itself, is it working in
the italian locale ? and what about other locales ?