Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> Strange that nobody did it so far.

If it's any consolation, no 64bit formats are supported, not just PE+.
Somebody's been rumoured to have worked (and then stopped working) on
x86_64 support, but I haven't found any traces of actual code yet.

>  It should be rather trivial, actually.  The only noticable difference
> between PE and PE+ are a few different values in some of the header
> fields and the slightly different layout of the IMAGE_OPTIONAL_HEADER
> structure.

OK, I'll tack it onto my todo list and see when I get to that.  It would
really be nice if setup64.exe wouldn't be as large as it currently is.

> I don't know how upx works under the hood, but I assume you also need
> the unpacker code in 64 bit.  If it's not written in assembler, the
> 32 bit code should more or less do the right thing already.

The initial unpacker stub is in assembler indeed, I haven't looked at it
in any detail.  However, I expect it either just works as is or it's
over my head anyway.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: