Re: Maintainers please weigh in on 64-bit Cygwin

On Mar 20 15:16, Kai Tietz wrote:
> 2013/3/20 Dave Korn schrieb:
> >   On a related issue, I don't see anything related to cygwin64 in upstream
> > GCC.  How is 64-bit Cygwin currently being built?  Are you using a mingw64
> > compiler and controlling things like startup files and libs linked against in
> > the command-line?
>
> I will begin to push patches this week to gcc upstream. It is now
> again in stage 1, and well, I would like to let settle down new
> sourceware hardware a bit before posting.
> You can find most important required patches at
> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/  folder.
> The mingw-w64 compiler is required at some places for building
> cygwin-base stuff (utils etc), but in general cygwin64-compiler is
> used.

Just to be clear, the utils Kai is talking about are the non-Cygwin
utils from the cygwin utils dir (cygcheck, strace).  This isn't
different from the 32 bit Cygwin native utils, which now require the 32
bit mingw64 compiler to get a simpler build process.  Since you were
gone for so long you probably didn't notice that we have switched our
w32api to the Mingw-w64 headers and libs, so the 32 and 64 bit Cygwin
can be built using the same set of w32api files.

Red Hat