Re: [ITA] gmp (libgmp-devel / libgmp3 / libgmpxx4)

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:36:05 +0100, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> Packages orphaned by David Billinghurst.
>>
>> - no update due to compatibility issues with existing applications
>
> GCC 4.8 uses isl/cloog-isl for Graphite, which require GMP 5.x.  So we
> need to update now; packages which depend on libgmp3 will be rebuilt in
> due course.  Can you please spin 5.1.1 instead and rebuild the other
> packages?

I can spin whatever version you want (I did start with 5.1.1 actually,
but had to row back) if you can ensure that the system as a whole keeps
working after the update, which involves AFAICS a large number of
packages to be updated simultaneously.  In the case of gmp it is not
even hard since the library version changes, so I can provide a test
package for libgmp10.

I still don't know how to handle libmpfr4, which would need to exist in
a Schroedinger version linking to libgmp3 and libgmp10 simuoltaneously.

The set of packages I've ITA'ed are the latest versions that are
compatible with what is in [curr] and what compiles with gcc4-4.5.3.

Regards,
Achim.