Re: HEADSUP: Python 2.7 upgrade

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 08:50:30 +0100, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Whith the latest cygport installed I get the following errors
>
> head: cannot open `usr/share/lcms/sRGB' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `usr/share/lcms/sRGB' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `usr/share/lcms/sRGB' for reading: No such file or directory
> head: cannot open `Color' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Color' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Color' for reading: No such file or directory
> head: cannot open `Space' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Space' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Space' for reading: No such file or directory
> head: cannot open `Profile.icm' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Profile.icm' for reading: No such file or directory
> tail: cannot open `Profile.icm' for reading: No such file or directory
>
> sed: can't read usr/share/lcms/sRGB: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read Color: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read Space: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read Profile.icm: No such file or directory
>
> This seems to be triggered by a file with spaces in it's name, namely
>
>  -> ./inst/usr/share/lcms/sRGB Color Space Profile.icm

More specifically, that file must also be executable; chmod -x that file
during src_install should avoid the problem.

>  Trying to compile ming with latest cygport gives
>
>  08:47 AM [538]> cygport ming.cygport compile
> *** ERROR: No Perl module detected
>
> cygport-0.11.0 with my ming cygport file worked fine.

I'm not sure yet which commit would have caused the change in
behaviour, but make sure the cygclass providing the desired
src_compile/src_install (which may be "autotools") is at inherit()ed
last.

Yaakov