Re: [ITP] openmpi-1.6.3-2

On 11/8/2012 11:02 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
On Nov 3 19:52, marco atzeri wrote:
Hi,
intention to package the

OpenMPI: A High Performance Message Passing Library

http://www.open-mpi.org/

already present in all major disti's.

To download (remove the index.html's) :

wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openmpi/index.html

find openmpi -name index.html -o -name md5.sum | xargs rm

Filelist:
libopenmpi/libopenmpi-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
libopenmpi/setup.hint
libopenmpi-devel/libopenmpi-devel-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
libopenmpi-devel/setup.hint
openmpi-1.6.3-2-src.tar.bz2
openmpi-1.6.3-2.tar.bz2
setup.hint

ADVISE:

1)   Cygserver is required to provide IPC shared memory
      otherwise the programs will fail as:

      $ mpirun -n 4 ./hello_c.exe
      Bad system call

Ideally the openmpi package would allow to use POSIX IPC rather than XSI IPC. POSIX IPC doesn't require a server process. If there's a configure option to that effect, I'd use it. Otherwise, just add a README to tell the user about the dependency.

thanks for suggestion, I will look on configuration flag.

2)   Binary are not stripped as otherwise they will be not
      functional. Reason to be determined.

Stuff like that is seriously fishy. What happens?

no message and never completes. I need to extend debugging to understand the matter.

Corinna

solved both things and bumped the package. The -2 was already discussed on the openmpi development list

wget -r -np -nH --cut-dirs=1 \
http://matzeri.altervista.org/cygwin-1.7/openmpi/index.html

File list:
libopenmpi/libopenmpi-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
libopenmpi/setup.hint
libopenmpi-devel/libopenmpi-devel-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
libopenmpi-devel/setup.hint
openmpi-1.6.3-3-src.tar.bz2
openmpi-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
openmpi-debuginfo/openmpi-debuginfo-1.6.3-3.tar.bz2
openmpi-debuginfo/setup.hint
setup.hint

Regards
Marco