Re: [Patch] Rebase: new switch --oblivious (was: --ephemeral)

Sorry for the delay, but I was AFK...

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 08:29:25PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > Not speaking for all, just for me, I like the idea to make the
> > switch a simple switch without argument.

I like this idea too.  One benefit of this new functionality that I don't
think was mentioned was it will help to prevent fragmentation of the
rebase address area for the non-temporary DLLs.

> > The only problem is that the -t option is already in use.  What
> > about -O/--oblivious?
>
> That looks good and all other obvious mnemonics are taken already...

I'm not enamored with the option name, but I can't think of another one
given the lack of available option letters.

> Implemented the patch and made source and binary packages:
>
> $cygwin=http://cygwin.stromeko.net/
> wget $cygwin/release/rebase/rebase-4.2.1-5.patch
> wget $cygwin/release/rebase/rebase-4.2.1-5-src.tar.bz2
> wget $cygwin/release/rebase/rebase-4.2.1-5.tar.bz2
>
> I've also made a small change to the build script and Makefile so
> that it makes the source package together with the binary one.

Can you tweak your change to always build the source package for make
dist?

Additionally, please call the release 4.3.0 (not 4.2.1), since this is
more than a patch to 4.2.  You are also encouraged to generate your
patches against CVS:

    cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cygwin.com:/cvs/cygwin-apps checkout rebase

Thanks,
Jason