cygport: building texlive-collection-* during pretest

Yaakov,

Prior to each year's TeX Live release, there is a lengthy pretest period during which the normal tlnet archive (mirror://ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet/archive, in cygport language) is frozen. All updates during this period are done to a special pretest archive with various mirrors.

I thought I could simplify building and testing the texlive-collection-* packages during this period by applying the attached patch and then putting something like the following in my cygport.conf:

TLNET_ARCHIVE_URI="http://ftp.math.utah.edu/pub//texlive/tlpretest/archive";

I tried this, and it doesn't seem to work. When I give a 'cygport texlive-collection-* fetch' command, it still uses the regular ctan mirror. I have two questions:

1. Why doesn't my approach work?

2. How do you suggest dealing with this?

Thanks.

Ken