Re: TeXworks and hunspell

On 3/28/2012 5:26 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-03-24 10:15, Ken Brown wrote:
1. The manual (which is supposed to be available from the Help menu)
doesn't get installed.

Fixed in Ports git.

Thanks! I never cease to be amazed at the wonders of cygport.

Another question is how to make the commands under the Help menu that
want to open a URL work. Or would this require a KDE desktop?

No, but it does require a browser; does installing xdg-utils from Ports help?

Yes, it does help. I haven't completely figured out how to configure my system so that xdg-open will do everything I want, but I've figured out enough to know that it's do-able.

On the subject of xdg-utils, you originally made it a dependency of asymptote (which would have required moving it to the distro). What made you change your mind? Are there problems with xdg-utils that are keeping you from moving it to the distro? I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Ken