Re: Setup and Mintty

On 17 November 2011 17:17, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> the latest setup sources implement the mintty desktop and start menu
> shortcuts. ÂSo, afaics, if you would just change the mintty package
> so that it doesn't install its own shortcuts, we could update setup
> on sourceware to the new version.

A shortcut-less mintty package is here:

http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2.tar.bz2
http://mintty.googlecode.com/files/mintty-1.0.1-2-src.tar.bz2
http://mintty.googlecode.com/svn/tags/1.0.1-2/cygport/setup.hint

As I'd mentioned before, I think the changeover needs to go like this:

1. Add Base category to mintty's setup.hint.
2. Wait a day for mirrors to catch up.
3. Upload new setup.exe.
4. Upload shortcut-less mintty package.

Without step 2, setup.exe might end up creating shortcuts to a
non-existent mintty.exe.

> Is there anything else missing?

I suspect the manual and FAQ need a few tweaks.

Andy