Re: ATTENTION: Tcl/Tk transition

On 26.10.2011 23:02, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
cgf has asked me to take over tcl/tk/expect maintainership and
transition the distro from our Win32/GDI hybrid 8.4 to the *NIX/X11 8.5
currently in Ports.

The following packages will need an IMMEDIATE rebuild:

* db [tcl-dbX.Y] (Dr. Volker Zell)
new requires: tcl
notes: perhaps you should just build the latest db 4.x and/or 5.x with
this tcl and we can drop the earlier bindings?

Done.

I obsoleted the following packages:

  db-2.7.7
  db-3.1.17
  db-3.3.11.2
  db-4.0.14
  db-4.1.25.3
  db-4.2.52.5
  db-4.3.29.1
  db-4.4.20.4

did a rebuild of

db-4.5.20.2

and added

db-4.8.30

5.x will follow later when the dust settles.

* ming [tcl-ming] (Dr. Volker Zell)
new requires: tcl
notes: needs a pkgIndex.tcl file to be of any use

Done. It has now a pkgIndex.tcl file.

* WordNet (Dr. Volker Zell)
new requires: tcl tcl-tk
notes: needs patches for security vulnerabilities, patches available
from all major distros, e.g.:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=wordnet.git;a=tree

Done, with all the paches and security fixes.

You will find the packages under /home/vzell on sourceware. Just copy (scp -r) them over when everybody is ready.

Thanks
  Volker