Re: setup.exe opening page graphic

On Aug 31 12:48, Warren Young wrote:

> >>Still plinking away at it, an hour or so a night, off and on.
> >>
> >>It requires completely rebuilding the 3D model.
> >>
> >>Don't worry, I'll get you something eventually.
> >
> >But that sounds like a lot of work.  I really thought that would be
> >simpler.
>
> It's not really difficult.  Most of the delay comes from playing,
> procrastination, and perfectionism.
>
> If you're trying to get something released, give me a deadline.
> That will concentrate my efforts.
>
> >Here's the reply from legal:  We can use your 2D results from the DAZ
> >art, as long as you put your resulting work under a free license which
> >plays nice along the GPL.  You don't have to assign copyright to some
> >other entity like, say, Red Hat.
> >
> >GPL or FAL(*) both sound good to me; FAL matches the intent better, I
> >guess.
>
> Lacking any recommendation, I would have gone with some CC variant.
> I'll look into FAL first now.
>
> If it turns out that I still like CC better, I'll check for GPL
> compatibility.  I can already rule out all the "Attribution"
> variants, for the same reason 4-clause BSD is incompatible, right?

BSD 4-clause is really not ok.  What's ok is a license which grants the
right to copy, yada, yada, yada, if the license doesn't require us to
add the attribution to all the affected boilerplates.

I'm not an expert in attribution requirements, but in our case that
means, if you choose some attribution license, it should be one which
allows us to keep the attribution in the sources only.  For setup.exe,
for instance, that would be the setup.exe CONTRIBUTORS file, and I would
add you to the affected ChangeLog entries.  There would be no "(C) for
the icon art: Warren Young" in the splash screen.

Having said that, you would get that for free with the GPL anyway :)

Red Hat