Re: setup.exe opening page graphic

On Aug 30 13:51, Warren Young wrote:
So I'd still love to see a still with a beveled, less glossy C, if
that's ok with you...

did you have a chance to look into that?

Still plinking away at it, an hour or so a night, off and on.

It requires completely rebuilding the 3D model.

Don't worry, I'll get you something eventually.

But that sounds like a lot of work. I really thought that would be simpler.

It's not really difficult. Most of the delay comes from playing, procrastination, and perfectionism.

If you're trying to get something released, give me a deadline. That will concentrate my efforts.

Here's the reply from legal:  We can use your 2D results from the DAZ
art, as long as you put your resulting work under a free license which
plays nice along the GPL.  You don't have to assign copyright to some
other entity like, say, Red Hat.

GPL or FAL(*) both sound good to me; FAL matches the intent better, I
guess.

Lacking any recommendation, I would have gone with some CC variant. I'll look into FAL first now.

If it turns out that I still like CC better, I'll check for GPL compatibility. I can already rule out all the "Attribution" variants, for the same reason 4-clause BSD is incompatible, right?