Re: setup.exe opening page graphic

On Aug 18 15:07, Warren Young wrote:
> >On Aug 16 13:28, Warren Young wrote:
> >
> >it would be fun to have a big logo
> >using the card box with a big 3D Cygwin C jumping out of the box on
> >the setup start screen.
>
> Like this?
>
> 	http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/from-box/animation.webm

Pretty much like this :)

> If you don't want to add an animation to setup.exe -- which would be
> spiffy, IMHO -- you can pick an individual frame from that same
> directory on our web server.  I can apply treatments like motion
> blur to bring back some of the feel of an animation:
>
> 	http://etr-usa.com/cygwin/logo/from-box/frame0009-mblur.png
>
> Notice that there is no floor under the box in this still frame, and
> no infinite void beyond.  That's the intended presentation, so it
> blends into the dialog background.

Cool!  Here's how it looks like in the setup dialog:

  http://cygwin.de/cygwin-splash.png

> I can do the same for the animation, too.

I have not the faintest idea how to include an animation in a standard
MFC dialog.  Does MFC grok animated gif's in icon files?

Apart from that, I really like the still and I would be content with
it... except... the C jumping out of the box doesn't have this beveled
look, like all other icons have now :}

Red Hat