Re: SETUP: default to mintty

On 25 July 2011 10:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> [This time *with* patch...]
>
> Hi guys,
>
> we discussed this back in May already, but somehow we didn't get a
> final result. ÂThe thread was kind of confusing, so I re-open a new
> one now.
>
> We talked about using mintty as our default shell. ÂI created a setup
> patch which I attached to this mail again. ÂInstead of "Cygwin Bash
> Shell" in the start menu and "Cygwin" on the desktop, it creates
> "Cygwin Terminal" shortcuts in both of them.
>
> Is that ok?

If I remember correctly, we were going to go with just "Cygwin" on the
desktop. I'll have a proper look later.

> Apart from that, why is mintty still not in the "Base" category?
> Just laziness on our side?

I kept on putting it off because there was always that one more bug to
fix. No excuses now that I've bumped it to 1.0.

>ÂSome really important reason?

My one remaining concern is the postinstall script, which would create
the "Cygwin/mintty" start menu entry for every Cygwin user, whether
they want it or not. Deleting it wouldn't help either, as it would
come back at the next mintty update.

Andy