Re: [patch/rebase] Add a rebase database to keep track of DLL addresses

On Jul 21 21:13, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 21 15:36, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Jul 21 08:14, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > > Corinna,

> > > Due to being AFK myself and the size of the patch, I have only reviewed
> > > it in a cursory fashion.  Anyway, the patch seems fine to me.  I really
> > > appreciate you adding all of this useful functionality to rebase.
> >
> > Thanks, I'll check it in later today, unless Chuck has some objections.
> >
> > IMHO it would make sense to bump LIB_VERSION and create a new rebase
> > package ASAP, so we can get some more people to test it.
>
> I applied the patch.  I didn't change LIB_VERSION, though, that's
> something for the time you create a package.

Here's my list of changes for the release statment and, probably,
for the NEWS file:

    * The imagehelper library has been much improved:
      * Now supports reading and rebasing 64 bit binaries.
      * New functions ReBaseImage64 and GetImageInfos64.
      * Support long paths up to 32K characters.
      * General API cleanup.

    * peflags supports short options for almost all flags now.
      peflags -v prints detailed information about the flags set in the
      file header.

    * rebase supports long options now.  Improved -h/--help information.

    * rebase -s/--database allows to keep a database of rebased DLLs.
      This information is used in subsequent calls with the -s/--database
      option to keep the entire list of DLLs in a good shape, address-wise.

    * rebase -i/--info prints base address and size of DLLs given on
      the command line, sorted by base address.  A trailing '*' in the
      last column is printed if a DLL collides with another adjacent DLL
      in the list.
      rebase -i -s can be used to check if the DLLs in the database are
      still in a good shape.

    * On Cygwin, rebase activly avoids to collide with the Cygwin DLL
      it is running under.

    * rebase now supports rebasing of 64 bit DLLs and executables.

Red Hat