Re: [patch/rebase]: Makefile support for cross-builds and static linking with gcc-4

On Jun 21 10:26, Charles Wilson wrote:
> > Btw., did anybody experiment with setting the ASLR flag for DLLs?
> > Chuck's description sounds as if this really might help to reduce
> > collision problems at fork time.  If so, the ASLR flag should
> > become default for DLLs.
>
> (1) I thought the end result of those experiments was that it really
> didn't help, and sometimes hurt...especially as Reini wrote last december:
> [snip]

Thanks for playing extended memory.  I only vaguely remembered that you
toyed around with ASLR at one point, but I wasn't sure if that had any
positive effect.  I only recall that I was rather doubtful back then,
but I'm always doubtful if something new comes down the road ("in my
days we didn't need this stuff and, btw., get off my lawn").

Red Hat