Re: libsigsegv packaging problem

2011/5/3 Corinna Vinschen:
> On May ?3 16:32, Reini Urban wrote:
>> 2011/5/3 Corinna Vinschen:
>> > AFAICS the only reason to include windows.h is to get the definition of
>> > the CONTEXT type which in turn is used to typedef stackoverflow_context_t.
>> >
>> > Is it really necessary to expose this to the application? ?Wouldn't it
>> > be better to define stackoverflow_context_t to void * for applications?
>> > THus we can drop the unfortunate inclusion of windows.h and not clutter
>> > the POSIX namespace with Windows definitions.
>>
>> Bruno will disapprove but for the cygwin port alone I can live with
>> that workaround.
>
> Thanks, but why should Bruno not approve?

Because I thought we loose type strictness when casting to void.
But now that I've looked at it it looks perfectly acceptable.
There are other os' supported, which do cast to void. e.g.
fault-bsd on non-intel or MirBSD

I'll release a fixed 2.10-1 update tomorrow.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/? ? ? ? ?? http://murbreak.at/