Re: libsigsegv packaging problem

[adding bug-libsigsegv]

> Hi Reini,
>

> I have a problem with the libsigsegv package.  Right now the gawk
> maintainer started the testing cycle for the next gawk release, and the
> second time now the sigsegv.h header broke the build.
>
> The reason for the breakage is the same each time, sigsegv.h includes
> windows.h and thus clutters the namespace with stuff unexpected by a
> POSIX application:
>
> - The first time it was the definition of "WCHAR".
>
> - The second time it was the definition of "small"i, which, believe it
>   or not, is defined as datatype in .
>
> - And there's still the definition of "min", which fortunately only
>   produces a warning.
>
> AFAICS the only reason to include windows.h is to get the definition of
> the CONTEXT type which in turn is used to typedef stackoverflow_context_t.

This is the second time this issue has come up.  I have previously
posted patches for the issue, (unfortunately, they predated the public
list archives at http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libsigsegv/), but
that pre-dated my libsigsegv commit rights and no one else pushed them
at the time.  I'm re-attaching the patch here; any objection from other
libsigsegv maintainers on applying it?

> Is it really necessary to expose this to the application?  Wouldn't it
> be better to define stackoverflow_context_t to void * for applications?
> THus we can drop the unfortunate inclusion of windows.h and not clutter
> the POSIX namespace with Windows definitions.

That's what I argued when I wrote the patch a year ago April.  Also, my
patch is available at http://repo.or.cz/w/libsigsegv/ericb.git, if Reini
would rather rebuild from there instead of the official upstream 2.10.