Re: Please upload: mined-2000.16-0

On Feb 13 23:18, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 13.02.2011 17:35, schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> >Thomas,
> >
> >On Feb 24 01:32, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> >>Please upload the release update package for mined:

> >>#mkdir mined
> >>cd mined
> >>wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/mined-2000.16-0.tar.bz2
> >>wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/mined-2000.16-0-src.tar.bz2
> >>#wget http://towo.net/mined/cygwin/setup.hint
> >There's a bug in mined's postinstall script, or better, in the
> >/usr/share/mined/setup_install/bin/setupreg.sh script called from
> >the postinmstall script:
> >
> >   $ /usr/share/mined/setup_install/bin/setupreg.sh
> >   The operation completed successfully.
> >   The operation completed successfully.
> >   ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.
> >
> >The reason is that, at least on Windows 7, there is no key called
> >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\SystemFileAssociations.
> >
> >The result is that a user of Windows 7 gets a postinstall warning from
> >setup.exe because the mined postinstall script returns a non-zero exit
> >code.
> >

> >Corinna
> Hi, thanks for the notice.
> Actually I'm aware that there is this postinstall return problem
> also in Windows XP and I've fixed it but the code base isn't quite
> ready yet for the next release - can it still wait for a short
> while?

The problem is that the user gets a spurious message from setup
due to a script returning an error code.  It would be better if
you at least update the mined package to mined-2000.16-2 with a
script which explicitely calls `exit 0' for now.

> On the other hand, if the key doesn't exist because the mechanism
> has changed in Windows 7, I'm not sure what to do because I don't
> have W7 myself for testing - any advice by someone? Just some other
> key name perhaps?

Personaly I don't know enough about these registry keys to give an
advice, sorry.  Maybe somebody else can.  However, did you see
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2011-02/msg00334.html?  He has a point.

Red Hat