Re: ITA: gcc-mingw-* gcc-3 -mno-cygwin support packages; ITP: mingw-binutils/mingw-gcc-* cross compiler

Den 2010-11-24 00:58 skrev Charles Wilson:
> On 11/23/2010 6:32 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
>> Would it be possible to have a postinstall script for one of the new
>> packages that includes the awkward fixups? That way automatic fixup is
>> possible if you just reinstall the appropriate package, which seems
>> simple to support?
>
> The problem is, because the symlinks already exist (thanks to the OLD
> gcc-mingw- packages), they can screw up unpacking the *new* files --
> redirecting them from their intended location in the new scheme under
> /usr/i686-pc-mingw32, and into the OLD location under /usr/lib/

*snip*

Ouch, yes, forgot that pretty quickly. (I my defense, you did end by
saying awkward fixup was possible.)

Over in linux-land, the mingw compiler is usually named i586-..., is that
an option?

(just throwing out another idea)

Cheers,
Peter