Re: bug tracker discussion

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 08:11:31PM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Can I get a show of hands? ?How many package maintainers would like to
>> have a bug tracker?
>
>1+
>
>Yes, it's a lot more work for all parties, the server maintainer,
>the package maintainer and the user. And I believe it will suffer
>from the same problems as the almost unusable perl core tracker
>- everybody uses the mailing list for serious bugs.
>
>But at least it's an access point for other types of users, and
>maybe we'll get patches also.
>setup.exe got a lot of patches this way.

I just read the bugzilla entries for bugzilla.  I'm wondering why the then
maintainer thought it was necessary to add patches to bugzilla.  That's
pretty nonstandard.

>And did I say I really like the github, google and trac trackers (issue lists),
>and hate RT and bugzilla.

Once again, I'm not going to consider implementing something new for
Cygwin.  The rest of sourceware uses bugzilla and that's what we'll be
using.